Scouting or the scout movement, is a movement with a strong focus on the outdoors and survival skills that aims to support young people in their physical, mental and spiritual development so that they may play constructive roles in society. It is based on the principle of “One Promise, Law and Motto”.
Why a boy/girl should join Scouting/Guiding
- Makes them smart
- Makes them duty minded.
- Makes them industrious.
- Makes them self reliant.
- Makes them brave & sharp.
- Makes them humble & courteous.
- Makes them realize their own potentialities.
- Makes them secular minded.
- Develops personality in them
- Encourages them in their religion.
- Trains them to be good citizens.
- Builds self confidence in them.
- Provides them with opportunities.
- Enthuses them to learn new things.
- Augments missionary zeal in them.
- Inculcates self discipline in them.
- Develops chivalrous spirit.
- Develops reverence for God/Dharma.
- Inculcates fraternal feeling.
- Caters to their adventurous needs.
- Creates in them a sense of responsibility.
- Encourages them for outdoor living/life
- Helps them study other creations of god.
- Inspires them to develop academic interest.
- Develops in them loyalty & respect for elders.
- Provides them with opportunities to study nature.
- Guides them to have tolerance for other Religions.
- Develops them a sense of belonging & oneness.
- Caters to their aptitude through proficiency badges.
- Makes them the pride of the family & society.
- Keeps them physically fit, mentally alert & morally straight.